Just a few things you need to be aware of before you head out on Saturday. We’ll update the information below each week as needed along with the link to the updated vendor map.
We’ve changed our layout this week to make it more walkable for mobility challenged customers; and because we learned that the planned construction project will take place this summer on the north end of the lot. Be sure to take a look at the map and familiarize yourself with the new setup before you go.
You may also want to be aware of the street closure on Broad Ripple Ave. between the Monon and College. Click here to see more about the Broad Ripple Avenue Closure.
Thanks for your support and understanding as we navigate these difficult times.
PLANNING YOUR VISIT TO THE MARKET — (NEW) BRFM Vendor Map 05/30/20
- (NEW) Parking & Traffic: There will be parking north of the Market area. Handicapped Parking is on the east side of the parking area adjacent to the entrance. (see new map) Bike racks will also be available. Please drive carefully in the area as it may be crowded with walkers and bikers as well as cars. Be especially careful when backing out of parking spaces.
- When to Arrive: The first half-hour of the Market (8-8:30) is reserved for seniors and high-risk (immuno-compromised) customers. Please wait until 8:30 if you are not in this group. We also ask that no customers show up early so as not to interfere with the safe setup of the Market.
- (NEW) Enter & Exit: There will be one entrance to the Market on the northeast side of the market area. Customers will need to line up outside the entrance and practice social distancing (6 ft. apart). There will be one exit to the west of the entrance. (see new map)
- (NEW) Market Layout: The vendors are spaced (booths 10 ft. apart) to accommodate social distancing. Vendors are set up in a three-sided, u-shaped lineup on the south end of the lot. (see new map) Hand washing stations are located near the entrance/exit and another near the south end.
- Customer Lines: At vendors who have long lines, there will be a designated space between the customer currently being helped at a booth and the first person waiting in line, marked with blue arrows and the word WALKWAY. If you want to take a look at what a vendor is selling, please stand off to the side of their table rather than in front where another customer is making a purchase.
- Crowd Control: Admission will be restricted if the Market area becomes too crowded to maintain social distancing. We don’t anticipate that this will be necessary, but we’ll be monitoring the situation. Look for the painted green circles on the pavement to aid in staying 6 ft. apart.
- Interactions: We ask that only 1-2 persons per family come to shop and one person at a time to engage a vendor. We remind you that you may not touch products. The vendors will hand you your purchases.
- Precautions: We encourage everyone to wear a face mask for your own safety and the safety of our vendors, volunteers, and the other customers. (All vendors and volunteers will wear face masks and gloves.)
- Not Allowed: We’re sad about it too, but you’ll have to leave them at home. No dogs will be allowed at the Market. There will also be no food or beverages consumed, no sampling, no growler refills, and we will have no entertainment.
For information about our Safety Protocols, SNAP/Fresh Bucks, Vendors, DIY Face Masks, and more, explore the BRFM website.