Everyone wanted sweet corn, peaches, and strawberries last Saturday. Some lines got long and My Dad’s was short-handed. Fortunately, our intrepid volunteers pitched in to help, and customers did an excellent job of social distancing. We appreciate everyone’s patience and cooperation.
Expect to see these fresh local food finds and more:
- Sweet corn, raspberries, peaches, and shishito peppers along with tomatoes, zucchini, green beans, beets, okra, carrots, eggplant, cabbage, greens, and more. Maybe even strawberries. No need to come early for corn – they plan to bring plenty!
- Compean & Sons had lots of beautiful peaches last Saturday.
- With sweet corn back, we also celebrate the return of award-winning Sweet Corn Chowder from Chef Roger Hawkins at Circle City Soups.
- Also look for the return this Saturday of Walking Waffle Co. with Liege waffles & toppings.
- The Ready-to-Eat Foods were back last week and shoppers were delighted to get their favorite tacos, pizza, breakfast sandwiches, and more.
- Look for Pete’s Peaches and Wild’s Apple Farm to return this week after being out last Saturday. Pet Wants Indy and 3-in-1 Restaurant are both out this week.
- To go with your sweet corn, pick up some sugar snap peas, shiitake mushrooms, and other good things from the Market to make this week’s sensational recipe for Sweet Corn Succotash.
TRASH/RECYCLE: Please be sure to empty liquids into the buckets provided before disposing of trash and recycles in the bins. With no trash pickup at the new location, our volunteers have to take everything home at the end of the Market.
SAFETY HOUR: The first hour of the Market from 8-9:00 a.m. is our Safety Hour with masks mandatory. We recommend this time for seniors and immune-compromised shoppers and others who wish to shop early as long as they wear a face mask and practice social distancing.
PAYING: A few of our vendors are CASH ONLY. They are My Dad’s Sweet Corn, Pete’s Peaches, Norman Mullet Farm, and Phelp’s Family Farm. Please remember to bring cash or stop at an ATM on your way. There are several around Glendale.