FALL HOURS: Don’t show up at 8 am this week, because we won’t be open until 9 am! Fall hours begin this Saturday with Safety Hour (mask-mandatory) from 9-10 and dogs allowed from 10-12.
Expect to see:
- Specialty pumpkins, celery root, radicchio, mums, savoy cabbage, dried okra stalks, Mexican sage, shell beans, fall rhubarb, potatoes, Brussels sprouts, radishes, rutabagas, winter squash, and much more.
- This is the last market for Shamrock Farm. After this week, Eric will be closing his operation for good. We are happy for him, but sad to see him go. And hopeful that someone will be interested in buying his business and honoring his legacy.
- Trailhead Naturals and Lick Ice Cream will both have paw paw ice cream this week. That’s a real taste of fall!
- You’ll also find lots of fall flavors at Circle City Sweets like Apple Pumpkin and Pumpkin Cranberry breads, and Roasted Red Pepper with Goat Cheese and Brown Butter Mushroom Gorgonzola soups.
- This is also the last week for Voter Registration at the Indiana Citizen – One More Voice booth, since early voting starts October 6th.
- The new Broad Ripple face masks are now for sale at the BRVA booth. They come in multiple sizes, and they’re super comfortable!
- Check out our recipe this week for Vegan Cassoulet made with Delicata Squash.
BIG NEWS: The Winter Market will be located this year in the lower level of the former Macy’s building in Glendale Town Center. You may recall, the space is quite expansive which will allow room for vendors to spread out and customers to social distance. The Summer Market will officially end by celebrating Halloween on October 31st; the Winter Market will open indoors the following Saturday on November 7th. Most of our Summer Market produce vendors will move over to the indoor space through Thanksgiving.
Many thanks to Kite Realty for making this space available to us for the Winter Market in addition to the space we are currently in for the Summer Market.
For all the vendors you’ll see this week, and every week at the Market, see our Summer Vendor List.