Okra, shiso (for summer rolls & sushi), Asian pears, lemon cucumbers, ground cherries, nectarines, and several different varieties of apples were all new last week.
- Expect to see plenty of all the peak summer produce, including corn, tomatoes, green beans, sweet and hot peppers, eggplant, cucumbers, zucchini, carrots, beets, kale, chard, cantaloupe, watermelons, apples, and much more!
- We are running low on donated re-usable bags. If you have gently-used bags to donate, you can drop them off at the Information Booth at the Market. Our supply is handed out to customers who have forgotten their re-usable shopping bags.
- This Saturday we have CICOA (Central Indiana Council on Aging) joining us with Senior vouchers. They’ll be located on the northwest end of the Market.
- Boxes of canning tomatoes were available last week. That reminds us that it’s a great time to start canning, freezing, pickiing, and preserving summer produce for use over the winter. Stock up while the produce is at it’s peak!
- Skillington Farms will add juice smoothies to their menu starting this Saturday!
- Market Volunteers will be counting customers at both ends of the Market this week. We’re gathering data to help us find ways to serve you better.
- Bettini Pasta is a great source for fresh-made pastas and sauces. Grab some to use with our eggplant recipes this week!
- The BRVA booth will have Penrod Tickets at the reduced advance sale price again this Saturday.
It’s Week #3 of the month, so we have 3-in-1 Restaurant, BooYah Shrubs, Circle City Smoke, Guacamole & More, Hidden Pond Farm, Pet Wants Indy, and Trailhead Naturals with us this Saturday.
Farm to Product is out this week, but Xchocol’Art is making a guest-appearance in their spot.
Check our Vendor List for ALL the vendors you’ll see this Saturday.
It’s the last weekend of the Indiana State Fair. If you haven’t been yet, hurry on over!