Pears, lima beans, French filet beans, and Italian Romano beans, several apple varieties, and tom kha gai (soup) were new last week. (See this week’s recipe using snap beans.)
Expect to see plenty of summer produce including corn, cucumbers, zucchini, green beans, eggplant, peppers, and heirloom tomatoes.
- Pete’s Peaches was out, but Compean & Sons and Earthly Delights both had peaches, and we expect Pete to be back this Saturday (one last time).
- New apple varieties at Wild’s Apple Farm included gala, Somerset gala, William’s Pride, Mollie’s Delicious, St. Edmund’s Pippin, and Zestar.
- Farm to Product had some new items – the tom kha gai soup, and coconut peaches & cream toasted oats, plus the vanilla & blueberry chia bowl is back!
- Did you hear a popping noise down at the south end of the Market last week? Groomsville Popcorn was popping corn at their booth, and they’re back this week.
- Sitka Salmon Shares will join us this week with wild-caught Alaskan seafood. Check out their recipes!
- We are excited to have Boulevard Place Food Pantry manning a booth on Saturday as well as picking up leftover produce to feed the hungry.
It’s Week #5 of the month so we have a group of vendors joining us off the regular 4-week schedule. 3-in-1 Restaurant, Guacamole & More, Circle City Smoke, Groomsville Popcorn, Pet Wants Indy, Primal Delights, Red Frazier Bison, Trailhead Naturals, and Sitka Salmon Shares will be at the Market this week.
Royer Farm Fresh Meats was out last week when both sons had soccer games on Saturday morning. They’re back this Saturday with grass-fed and pasture-raised meats for your Labor Day weekend cookouts.
Hole Pottery is out this week at an Art Fair in Bloomington. Bloomer’s Greenhouse is done for the season.
Check out our Vendor List for ALL the vendors you’ll see this Saturday.