Plums were new last week plus more hot peppers, pickling cucumbers, and acorn squash than we’ve seen previously. Also, Earligold and Arlet apples were new.
- Expect to see plenty of produce including tomatoes, zucchini, corn, green beans, potatoes, and eggplant.
- Don’t forget the watermelons & cantaloupes! They’ve been sweet and delicious!
- We’re celebrating Farmers Markets this week with a variety of special activities including a Golden Egg Hunt and lots of prizes.
- See this week’s recipe for Stuffed Pattypan Squash. The unusually shaped squash is available at several different farm vendors.
- Take your grilling to a new level with salts from Circle City Smoke! Flavored smoked sea salts and smoked black peppercorns will give your meals amazing new flavor profiles.
- Tulip Tree Creamery will have a variety of Hops beer cheeses. Hops is a mild smooth short aged double cream made with a different craft beer in every batch. Great on burgers or in grilled cheese!
- Don’t forget to get your tickets for the annual Ross Faris Award Dinner a week from Sunday. It’s a six-course al fresco farm-to-table meal with cocktail & appetizer plus wine pairings, all prepared by local chefs.
It’s Week #1 of the month, so we have 3-in-1 Restaurant, BooYah Shrubs, Circle City Smoke, Guacamole & More, Hidden Pond Farm, and Trailhead Naturals joining us this week.
Hole Pottery is back this Saturday after being out for an Art Fair in Bloomington last week.
La Chinita Poblana is out this week at Penrod Art Fair. Farm to Product and Nicey Treat are out also. Pete’s Peaches is out for the season.
Check out our Vendor List for ALL the vendors you’ll see this Saturday.