We’re kicking off National Honey Month with a visit from the 2020 American Honey Princess. Come and meet Sydnie Paulsrud from 8-10 am on Saturday at the Wildflower Ridge Honey booth. She is on a speaking tour promoting bees and honey. She’ll be giving out free honey sticks to the kids, and David is doing a special BOGO on his fresh ground hand-made honey peanut butter.
Expect to see…
- Purple radishes, poblanos, acorn delicata & hubbard squash, zinnias, and multiple varieties of apples, along with tomatoes, corn, melons, beans, blueberries, zucchini, eggplant, and more.
- Urban Awareness Gardens tells us they’ll have foraged pawpaws galore this Saturday!
- S’More Pie is back just in time for Labor Day weekend at Pots & Pans Pie Co.
- Tulip Tree Creamery has delightful Foxglove fresh rind cheese available for holiday snacking.
- Bacon Burger patties for grilling available at Old Major Market.
- Home Ec is back this week with pickled red onions to go with your meats.
- Grab some corn to throw on the grill too and a watermelon to enjoy while you’re waiting.
- Batch No. 2 has all the special condiments you need to go with those burgers and such.
- Finish up with vegan gluten-free white chocolate raspberry ice cream from Trailhead Naturals.
- Check out this week’s recipes for Fruit Bruschetta and Melon Salad, both made with honey.
- Voter Registration and Absentee Ballot applications continue to be available at the Market from Indiana Citizen – One More Voice.
Check our Summer Vendor List for all the vendors you’ll find this week, and every week at the Market.
Remember that a few of our vendors are cash-only, so bring some with you or stop at an ATM on your way. But leave the pups at home. Currently, under health department restrictions, dogs are not allowed in the market area.