Our Farmers Market protocols have been developed with input from the Marion County Health Department, Farmers Market Coalition, and Purdue Extension. The goals of our Guidelines are to:
- Maintain social distance between customers and vendors & volunteers at the Market.
- Minimize customer interactions with food products and with money/credit cards.
- Provide a safe shopping experience for Market shoppers.
- IF YOU ARE ILL OR HAVE SYMPTOMS — STAY HOME!
- PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT: All vendors, their staff and Market volunteers wear face masks. Customers are required to wear face masks between 8:00 am and 9:00 am. We strongly recommend everyone attending the Market wear a face mask at all times at the Market. Note: A face shield is not an acceptable substitute for a mask.
- PREORDERS AND PRE-PAY: To minimize wait times for all customers, pre-paid preorders are encouraged. Our vendor list with ordering information and links to the vendor sites is available here and linked to the newsletter each week for your shopping convenience.
- SAFETY HOUR 8-9:00 AM: The first hour of the market from 8-9:00 am is considered a Safety Hour and we recommend those over 65 and immuno-compromised customers shop during this time. A mask is required for entry and anyone wearing a mask will be admitted. No customers are admitted to the Market prior to opening at 8:00 am.
- DOGS: Well-behaved dogs on short leashes are allowed at the Market during all open hours. Dog owners should consult the Dog Rules.
- CUSTOMER LIMITS: The number of persons allowed into the Market at one time may be limited for safe social distancing.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING: Customers are required to maintain 6 feet social distancing at all times.
- PARKING AT SECOND PRESBYTERIAN: There are several customer parking lots at the church. The Market is located in the lot at the north-end of the property. As you drive in from Meridian, you will turn right and drive past the front of the church to the first main parking lot. The church holds a food pantry on Saturday morning and the first two rows of parking are reserved and blocked off for the food pantry. Market customers may park anywhere else on the property. In addition to the main customer parking lot, there is a lot west of the church and one lot south of the church. Signs will direct you to additional parking. View the church facility map here.
- There are many handicapped parking spaces near the church entrances and these are available to ANYONE shopping at the Market. Handicapped parking for the Market is available next to the Market entrance.
- ENTRANCE/EXIT TO THE MARKET: The entrance and exit to the Market is on the northwest corner of the main parking lot. Look for the green BRFM tent and the tall green feather flag marking the entrance. Handicapped parking is located near this marked entrance. You will exit this same way once you have completed your shopping. Look for the tall red exit flag. Please do not enter or exit the Market at any other location other than the designated entrance.
- MARKET LAYOUT: The Market will be laid out with vendors on all four sides. The Ready-To-Eat vendors are located on the northside of the Market. There is a shelter with picnic tables down a path past these vendors where customers may sit and eat. Look for the Dining Pavilion sign. You will also find our weekly live musical entertainment in this area.
- SHOPPING & WAITING IN LINE: Green circles have been painted on the pavement to indicate where customers should stand when being helped by a vendor AND to indicate where to stand while waiting to make a purchase. Be mindful of the designated walkway in front of the vendor booths.
- MOVING AROUND THE MARKET: There is a designated walkway in front of the vendor booths, indicated by double green arrows. If there is a line for a vendor, the line forms on the other side of the walkway. Please do not walk through the customer line, and only through the designated WALKWAY.
- HAND WASHING/SANITIZING: A hand washing station is located in the middle of the market. Hand sanitizer is available at all vendor booths.