Revised Safety Guidelines for the Market
In response to updated COVID Guidelines approved Monday, we have also updated our Market safety guidelines. But there will be one major difference: out of respect for our high-risk customers, we will retain our current Safety Hour protocol from 8-9 am with masks required for everyone. After 9 am, masks will be optional for all customers, vendors, and volunteers. Read the full Safety Guidelines.
Check the map before you come and/or use the QR Code for the Market (below) on your phone to find all your favorite vendors. Stop by the Information Booth for a demonstration. See you there!
Expect to see…
- Garlic scapes, broccoli, cauliflower, baby fennel, kohlrabi, sugar snap peas, English shell peas, carrots, strawberries, tomatoes, and more!
- Garden plants are winding down – selection is limited and dwindling as the produce season get into full swing. Get them before they’re gone.
- Pick up BRFM Gift Certificates at the Information Booth for Fathers Day giving as well as other good things for dad all over the Market.
- Lots of breakfast foods for you to enjoy. From Liege waffles to Salvadoran pupusas, sandwiches, pizza, tacos, popsicles, ice cream, are available along with coffee, tea, fruit-ades and smoothies. Come have breakfast with us!
- Check out our recipes for Garlic Scape Dressing and Double Garlic Soup with garlic scapes from several of our market vendors.
- Salmon, asparagus, and peas should be available to make this tasty risotto recipe from Wild Alaska Salmon & Seafood. Put them on your shopping list!
- Music this week by the Nate Hensley Band. Nate Hensley (Guitars, Vocals) is an Indianapolis-based original singer/songwriter who has released four solo albums. He is accompanied by Noah Buonanno (Keyboards, Vocals) and Aaron Gunyon (Percussion). These three musicians started playing together in late 2019, with a fondness for spontaneity and improvisation, performing original songs and some selected covers.
Week #2 Vendors
It’s the second Saturday in June! For info on which vendors are scheduled on which Saturdays throughout the summer, see our Summer Market Vendor List.
We’ve had a considerable amount of rain this week and know we could always see severe weather on any given Saturday during the Market. The BRFM operates rain-or-shine. Our vendors work long hours, travel considerable distances, and they suffer losses if the Market closes. That being said, we take weather issues very seriously. Read the full policy here and know what to expect.