This is the last week for 8 am start time at the Market. Beginning October 2nd, we will open at 9 am due to the later sunrise. Closing time will still be noon.
Vendor News and Notes
Be sure to visit our vendors located in the center of the Market. Coffee, compost/trash/recycle, handwashing station, and this week, salmon & seafood (next week blade sharpening), can be found there.
- Jason Michael Thomas plans to have pawpaws at the Market this Saturday. See his interview in Edible Indy.
- Celebrate National Honey Month! Buy 2 lbs. of honey and get a 1/2 lb. free at Wildflower Ridge Honey.
- FREEZER SALE – Saturday, at Old Major Market! Preorder on the website, or pick from the cooler at the market.
- Batch No.2 & Lick Ice Cream are back after being out last week.
- This is the last week of the season for Walking Waffles and ARPO.
- Byrne’s Grilled Pizza and Tailored Toddies are out this Saturday due to staffing issues.
- Guacamole & More, Farm to Product and Daily Blossom are out for the season.
- The Broad Ripple Winter Market will be back at Glendale Town Center starting in November.
For the regular schedules of all our vendors at the Summer Market, see our Summer Vendor List.
Shop with Second Pres on Saturdays! The Women@Second are selling gently used items outside the church sanctuary every Saturday, 8 am – noon thru October 30th. All proceeds go to the UMOJA partnership to feed and supply school children in Kenya. This week, September 25th, the items for sale will be Kid’s & Men’s Clothing. Look for different themed items each Saturday and shop Second Pres as well as the Market on Saturday mornings this fall.
RECIPE OF THE WEEK: Easy Elegant Eggplant
MUSICAL GUEST: Combustible Dust (aka Dustin McKinney), is influenced by American folk traditions, Brazilian music, songs from Spain, Eastern Europe, and Louisiana Creole. He is a music teacher as well as a singer and instrumentalist. FYI – all our musicians volunteer for the Market, so tips are much appreciated!
ALTERNATIVE FOODS AT THE MARKET:
New in 2020, Eat Surreal was born of owner Brittney Baxter’s desire for healthy options on the go. Starting with the original Pimiento Cheese spread, her products are all plant-based, nut-free, and gluten-free. Created in small batches, they are produced with fresh, whole ingredients and she has tweaked the recipes over the last year to achieve the delicious lineup she currently offers.
Check out the Simple Taste booth for gluten, dairy, corn and yeast-free baked goods, even pasta. The mastermind behind them is owner and founder Jenny Cleave. Ten years ago, she was diagnosed with severe food allergies and decided to create her own safe recipes. Today, she operates from a gluten-yeast-dairy-corn-free bakery; and offers products that are also chemical and preservative-free.
Vegan, gluten-free, soy free, dairy free, sugar free, egg free and 100% natural – that describes the healthy and nourishing indulgences you’ll find at Trailhead Naturals. The mission of owner, Akshaya Bhat, is to nourish your mind body and soul. With sprouted nuts seeds and grains and whole food sweeteners like Dates, Raw honey and Maple Syrup, it’s just the way nature intended it to be.