The Broad Ripple Winter Market will be back at Glendale Town Center in the large Macy’s space starting in November. We have four more outdoor markets at Second Pres (including this week), and remember – we open at 9 am and close at noon.
Vendor News and Notes
Be sure to visit our vendors located in the center of the Market. Coffee, compost/trash/recycle, handwashing station, and this week, salmon & seafood (next week blade sharpening), can be found there.
- Information on Riverwalk will be available at the BRVA booth.
- Congratulations to David and Amy Boots of Wild’s Apple Farm on the birth of brand new baby boy Ian. They will be out this week, and back next. That’s dedication!
- Circle City Sweets will have chef/owner Cindy Hawkins working at the booth this Saturday.
- Groomsville Popcorn has cider and cider & pumpkin donuts all month.
- Artisano’s Oils & Spices is bringing the pepper roaster all this month. They’ll be in the space next to Byrne’s Pizza.
- This really IS the last week of the season for My Dad’s Sweet Corn.
- Johnnie Raber Farm, Corea Kimchi, and Tailored Toddies are all back after being out last week.
- Caprini Farmstead Creamery is out this Saturday. They will be here weeks 1-3-5 of October.
- Lick Ice Cream is out due to staffing. And Pots & Pans Pie Co. is out this week on vacation.
For the regular schedules of all our vendors at the Summer Market, see our Summer Vendor List.
RECIPE OF THE WEEK: Crushing a Classic
One of my favorite things is stuffed cabbage rolls. As much as I love them, I have to block out a whole weekend to complete the laborious and time-consuming process. Wouldn’t it be wonderful to get the rich flavors and textures that I love so much, without all that work? Drum roll please – introducing the answer to my cabbage roll prayers. Recipe here.
MUSICAL GUEST: Robert Bruce Scott
Robert Bruce Scott is a classically trained tenor and self-trained mandolinist, guitarist, keyboardist, and harper with an eclectic repertoire of songs. FYI – all our musicians volunteer for the Market, so tips are much appreciated!
SCRUMPTIOUS SOUPS AT THE MARKET:
Soup by Subscription
Circle City Soups (part of CC Sweets) are hand-made by award-winning Chef Roger Hawkins with seasonal local ingredients. His My Dad’s Sweet Corn Chowder is wildly popular. They are currently sold through a “soup-scription” for pickup at their booth on Saturdays. Although Circle City will not be at the Market after this month, their sweets, soups & more are available at their shop in the AMP.
Small Batch Sensation
For delicious healthy soups you can take home and heat up, made with fresh natural ingredients, check out Danielle Cooney’s Small Batch Soups by Soupremacy. She has a menu of soups that are available every week, plus a menu of seasonal soups totaling 100 varieties. She offers gluten-free, vegan, and other options as well. Order ahead to make sure they aren’t sold out of your favorites.