Halloween Celebration at the Market
Start your Halloween Weekend with us this Saturday morning for lots of spooky fun! We’ll be hosting a “costume contest” for the market pups (award at 10:30), giving away mini pumpkins (courtesy of Compean & Sons), and more! Volunteers, vendors, and doggos will all be in costume and we hope customers — children and adults, will dress up too. Don’t forget to pick up a pumpkin for carving (or eating) if you haven’t already.
It’s also the last outdoor market of 2021 (we move indoors at Glendale next Saturday) and the last market until next May for Compean & Sons, Earthly Delights, Fields Farm Fresh Produce, and Weathered Plow Farm.
Vendor News and Notes
Be sure to visit our vendors located in the center of the Market – Hubbard & Cravens Coffee & Tea, Green with Indy, compost/trash/recycle & handwashing station, and this week, Positive Foodie Vibes, Batch No. 2, and Better Edges can be found there off-schedule.
- Don’t forget — we open at 9 am due to the later sunrise.
- New Winter Vendor, Wild Sage Tea Co. (loose leaf, organic, hand-blended teas), will do a pop-up this week.
- Red Frazier Bison, Caprini Creamery, Soupremacy Small Batch Soups, Hidden Pond Farm, Positive Foodie Vibes, Batch No. 2, Better Edges, Apricot Sun, and Say it Ain’t Salsa are all with us this 5th week, off-schedule.
- Groomsville Popcorn will have cider and fresh donuts.
- Artisano’s Oils & Spices is bringing the pepper roaster one last time for this year. They’ll be in the space next to Byrne’s Grilled Pizza.
- Home Ec Preserves and Tailored Toddies are both back at the Market after being out last Saturday.
- 317 Juicery, Full Hand Farm and Freedom Valley Farm are out this week.
- The Broad Ripple Winter Market will be back at Glendale Town Center in the large Macy’s space starting NEXT WEEK.
For the regular schedules of all our vendors at the Summer Market, see our Summer Vendor List.
RECIPE OF THE WEEK: Chilly? Chili + Chile – Fall weather just demands a pot of chili simmering on the stove. What could be more seasonal than making it with pumpkin or winter squash fresh from the Market. Get onions, garlic, meat, etc. from the market too. And how about using roasted peppers from Artisano’s and smoked salt and peppercorns from Circle City Smoke. Recipe here.
MUSICAL GUEST: Whobilados – Whobilados play an acoustic mix of traditional tunes, originals, and songs by great writers. They blend multi-part vocals, with stringed instruments, jaw harp, and harmonica for their listenable, heartfelt music. FYI – all our musicians volunteer for the Market, so tips are appreciated!
Shop with Second Pres on Saturday!
The Women@Second are selling gently used items outside the church sanctuary Saturday, 8 am – noon. All proceeds go to the UMOJA partnership to feed and supply school children in Kenya. This week, October 30, the items will be Potpourri (books, furniture, linens, china & glassware).
PET PRODUCTS AT THE MARKET:
Pet Wants Indy Central is all about fresh, healthy food, treats, chews and other pet items. Justin Putt and wife Lindsey will help you select products to meet your pets’ nutritional needs for living their best lives. The Putts started the business because they saw the difference it made in their own dogs when they switched them to Pet Wants. “The transformation was really amazing!” PWIC joined the market this past year.
Each Saturday, four-legged visitors arrive with a specific goal. Maybe it’s the cute displays, maybe it’s owner Stacey Petcu’s friendly smile, maybe it’s the complimentary treats her furry customers enjoy. Whatever it is, you’ll see a lot of tail-wagging going on at Three Dog Bakery. A fixture at the BRFM since 2004, they offer a range of all-natural human-grade pup treats (fresh-baked), along with pet supplies, accessories and toys.