Welcome Back to the Summer Market
Opening Day of the 2022 Summer Market is tomorrow (May 7th), and we are excited to be back outdoors and to share with you all the news about the vendors and products you’ll see this year. More good news — masks are optional this season. And a reminder that the church handicapped spaces are available for all customers to park in. See you at the Market!
You’ll see brand new vendors as well as faces and products familiar from the Winter Market, and new offerings and schedules from vendors you already know and love.
Brand new for BRFM Summer 2022:
- Best Dressed – healthy homemade salad dressings (weeks 1&3)
- Dirt Bar – summer potted arrangements (May and June only)
- Filigree Bakery – macarons, cookies, & cakes (holidays)
- Lumpia Creations – hand-made Filipino egg rolls (weeks 2&4)
- Tall Girl Specialty Pasta – pasta, soup, take & bake (June 4)
Joining the Summer Market from Winter:
- The Cookie Jar Crew – cookies, including gluten-free (weeks 2&4)
- Eagle Creek Apiary – honey, pollen & bee products (weeks 1&3)
- Farmer’s Sassy Sauce – locally famous hot sauce (weeks 1&3)
- Gallery Pastry Shop – macarons & croissants (every Sat.)
- Jack’s Caramel Corn – homemade caramel corn (weeks 2&4)
- Metta Gardens – fermented foods (weeks 2&4)
- Pig’s Tale Charcuterie – European-style charcuterie (every Sat.)
- Sirocco Ridge Creamery – goat cheeses (weeks 2&4)
- The Vegan Cheese Lady – vegan artisan cheeses (weeks starts 5/14 then 1&3)
- Wild Sage Tea – organic herbal teas (every Sat.)
- Wildschool Market – savory & sweet crepes (every Sat.)
Returning after an extended absence:
- Turchetti’s Salumeria– returns after a three-year break (every Sat.)
- Revival Food Co. – back for a “reunion” tour (monthly, week 1)
New offerings from returning vendors:
- Guacamole and More– adding 4 new take-home meal items
- Groomsville Popcorn– making donuts every Saturday
- Jason Michael Thomas– two booths – one with breakfast brats, and another with breads, foraged foods, and other items
Changing schedules or starting later:
- Amelia’s Bread – starting June 4
- Better Edges – starting May 21
- Compean & Sons – starting May 14
- Corea Kimchi– starting May 14
- Farm to Product – starting May 21
- Hickory Valley Farms – from full-time to weeks 2&4
- JP Parker Flowers – starting May 21
- Lick Ice Cream – from full-time to weeks 1&3
- Maplewood Farms – from full-time to weeks 1&3
- My Dad’s Sweet Corn – starting June 25
- Red Frazier Bison – from week 2 to weeks 2&4
- Tailored Toddies – starting date to be determined
- Trailhead Naturals – starting in August
- Wild’s Apple Farm – starting July 9
Vendors NOT returning this season:
- 3-in-1 Restaurant – expanding their restaurant
- Caprini Creamery – retirement
- Circle City Bev– expanding wholesale business
- Circle City Sweets– expanding wholesale business
- Earthly Delights– retirement
- Russell Sheep Co.– retirement
- That Pickle Guy– taking this summer off
See our Summer Vendor List for all of our vendors and their schedules and offerings. Check the vendor map (above) each week to see where all your favorite vendors will be located or scan the QR Code on our website or at the Information Booth at the market.
Annual Sapling Giveaway This Week
Indiana State Representatives Ed Delaney and Greg Porter will be back again for the annual opening day seedling giveaway. They are scheduled to be set up between Simple Taste and Home Ec at the southeast corner of the Market when we open at 8 am.
In 1973, the state legislature passed a law to aid Indiana’s reforestation efforts by having the state nursery distribute free seedlings to each senator and representative for the purpose of informing citizens in his or her district about the value of planting trees.
As a result of the program, representatives Delaney and Porter are partnering with the Indiana Department of Natural Resources to offer FREE SEEDLINGS to local residents. The seedlings will be available on a first-come, first-served basis with a limit of one seedling per household.
Shop for Mom at the Market
Being a mom myself, I know what I would love to get this Mother’s Day – and my list comes straight from the Market!
Treat mom to breakfast at one of our many market vendors who sell waffles, crepes, tacos, breakfast pizza, sandwiches, donuts, etc. Don’t forget the coffee at Hubbard & Cravens.
- Dress up mom’s porches, patios, and flower beds with hanging baskets and flower pots.
- Is your mom into gardening? The Market is bursting right now with garden starts and bedding plants.
- If you have a mom who appreciates handcrafted artisan items, you can’t go wrong with beautiful pieces from Hole Pottery or Dickinson Custom Woodworking.
- For mom’s who are all about health and fitness, check out the many healthy organic juices, vegan, gluten-free, and fresh local prepared foods available from our vendors.
- Flowers and chocolates are the traditional gifts for mom, and you can find them both at the BRFM. Harvest Moon Flower Farm has gorgeous bouquets; and Xchocol’Art offers a wide variety of delicious and artful gourmet chocolate creations.
Everything you need to honor the moms in your life can be found at the Market. And don’t forget that BRFM Gift Certificates are a great option too!
MUSICAL GUESTS MAY 7th: Kris Huntley and Michigan Road
We’re pleased to welcome back Kris Huntley who describes himself as a basic consumer born and raised on planet earth. He does a wide selection of songs from the sixties to today. (located near the entrance)
Corey Tindall & Aaron Lewis are Michigan Road. They explore their unique sound through songwriter Corey’s original music and their own take on popular songs. (located at Dining Pavilion lower-level)
FYI – all our musicians volunteer for the Market, so tips are much appreciated!