The Market is full this time of year with garden and bedding plants, herbs, hanging flower baskets, and everything you need to get your gardens, flower beds, and decks & patios summer-ready! The asparagus season is a short one, so grab it while you can. Look for spring rhubarb too.
This week we have more new vendors making their summer market debut, and returning vendors starting their 2022 season. Click here to see last week’s complete list of changes for this year.
New Vendors starting this week:
- The Cookie Jar Crew – cookies, including gluten-free (weeks 2&4)
- South’s BBQ – barbecue sauce & spice rub (weeks 2&4)
- Lumpia Creations – hand-made Filipino egg rolls (weeks 2&4)
- Jack’s Caramel Corn – homemade caramel corn (weeks 2&4)
- Metta Gardens – fermented foods (weeks 2&4)
- Sirocco Ridge Creamery – goat cheeses (weeks 2&4)
Returning Vendors starting this week:
- Corea Kimchi – varieties of authentic kimchis (every Saturday)
- ARPO – (Alliance for Responsible Pet Ownership) adoptions (weeks 2&4)
- Hole Pottery – handmade pottery pieces (weeks 2&4)
- Kuacha & me(h) – authentic homemade Austrian pastries (weeks 2&4)
- Red Frazier Bison – frozen bison meat (weeks 2&4)
- Wild Alaska Salmon – frozen wild-caught seafood (weeks 2&4)
See our Summer Vendor List for all of our vendors and their schedules and offerings. Check the vendor map (above) each week to see where all your favorite vendors will be located, or scan the QR Code on our website or at the Information Booth at the market.
- Wild Sage Teas will be serving an organic ice tea blend “Hibiscus Chill” (Hibiscus, Nettles, Blueberries, Strawberries and Licorice Root) offered with frozen wild blueberries, UniTEA Lattes and Arnie Palmers.
- New Vendor Pig’s Tale Charcuterie is bringing “Big Diablo” summer sausage (big brother of their Little Diablo snack sticks).
- Look for lots of great breakfast options along the north side of the Market in “ready-to-eat row” including new Lumpia Creations sweet and savory egg rolls, and new breakfast brats with gravy from Jason Michael Thomas (at his original booth).
- Joining us off-schedule, look for The Vegan Cheese Lady in La Chinita Poblana’s regular spot.
- La Chinita Poblana is out for the BR Art Fair this weekend. And Hickory Valley Farms will start May 28th.
WHAT’S COOKING: Asparagus & Ham Strata
Last weekend, I celebrated the opening day of the summer market as well as Mother’s Day by using my first asparagus purchase of the season to make a strata that was worthy of any holiday.
Get the recipe.
MUSICAL GUESTS MAY 14th:
Thistle Sisters – We are pleased to have the folk duo of Julia Spangler and Bethany Walters (aka Thistle Sisters) back this week. Great music from two enterprising entrepreneurs.
(located to the left of the entrance)
John Jackson – John plays an eclectic mix of acoustic folk rock/pop from the 60s & 70s with a few 80s songs thrown in for good measure. We’re excited to have him back at the Market! (located next to the dining pavilion)
FYI – all our musicians volunteer for the Market, so tips are much appreciated!