Happy Memorial Day Weekend!
Highlights for Saturday, May 28th
- Filigree Bakery makes their Summer Market debut this week with patriotic and race themed macarons and small cakes!
- Grab fresh flowers, potted plants, and hanging baskets for beautifying your indoor and outdoor spaces for the holiday weekend at Bloomer’s Greenhouse, Compean & Sons, Daily Blossom, Fields Farm Fresh, Harvest Moon Flower Farm, JP Parker Flowers, Johnny Raber Family Farm, and Weathered Plow Farm Market.
- For great grilling, check out our meat/seafood vendors at the Market — Phelps Family Farm, Schacht Farm, Old Major Market, Pig’s Tale Charcuterie, Turchetti’s Salumeria, and this week, Red Frazier Bison, and Wild Alaska Salmon & Seafood.
- Part-time vendors for Week #4 are ARPO, Cookie Jar Crew, Hickory Valley Farm, Hole Pottery, Jack’s Caramel Corn, Lumpia Creations, Metta Gardens, Sirocco Ridge Creamery, Small Batch Soups, and South’s BBQ.
- Apricot Sun will join us this week, off-schedule. Wildschool Market is back after being out last week.
- La Chinita Poblana is out again this week as are Kuacha & me(h), and Corea Kimchi.
- See our alphabetical Summer Vendor List for all our vendors and their regular schedules and offerings. Check the link to the Vendor Map each week in the newsletter and by scanning the Vendor Map QR Code at the market entrance!
WHAT’S COOKING: Grillin’ & Chillin’
It’s Memorial Day weekend, and the perfect time to break out the grill and start your outdoor cooking and dining season. You probably have your meat game honed, but what about the sides? Here are four brilliant grilled sides for this time of the year that complement any grilled ribs, steaks, chicken, fish, etc. All available at the Market! Get the recipes.
MUSICAL GUESTS for May 28
Market Area: Kris Huntley
Popular musician Kris Huntley describes himself as a basic consumer born and raised on planet earth. He does a wide selection of songs from the sixties to today.
Dining Pavilion: Sam Carpenter
Sam does some current pop as well as older music, and of course the Beatles. He also does folk and country and occasionally, throws in an original song.