It’s beginning to look a lot like summer at the Market. There are still plenty of garden and bedding plants as well as cut flowers, greens, spring carrots and beets. But the summer produce is starting to show up too and it won’t be long before asparagus and strawberries are just a spring memory and peak summer is upon us. We’ve got lots of wonderful artisan foods, ready-to-eat breakfast offerings, live music, and more. Come join us on Saturday morning for the Broad Ripple Farmers Market!
Vendor Highlights for Saturday, June 11
Vendors starting this week:
- Tailored Toddies specialty cocktail mixes returns to the Market this week to start their season with us.
- Correction from last week’s newsletter – Sunshine Valley Farm, our new lamb vendor, will start on 6/18 Week 3, not this week.
- Farm to Product plans to start next Saturday. Anna’s recovery from her fall is taking a little longer than initially expected.
- Tall Girl Specialty Pasta is all squared away with the health department, but her certified kitchen was not ready in time for this week’s market! Look for fresh pasta on 6/18.
Other Vendor news:
- Corea Kimchi is now offering ready-to-eat kimchi fried rice in addition to their regular kimchi offerings. They have also moved to the north end with the other ready-to-eat food vendors.
- Small Batch Soups has moved to the west row.
- Customers who purchased ducks for the Canal Duck Race can pick up their ducks at the BRVA booth at the Market this week.
- Fields Farm Fresh Produce and Dickinson’s Custom Woodworking are both back this Saturday.
- kuacha & me(h) is out this week, but with us next week off-schedule to make up for being gone – then back to the regular 2/4 schedule.
- Lumpia Creations, and Wild Alaska Salmon & Seafood are also out this Saturday.
See our alphabetical Summer Vendor List for all our vendors with their regular schedules and offerings. To find vendor locations at the Market, check the Vendor Map each week in this newsletter or scan the Vendor Map QR Code at the market entrance!
WHAT’S COOKING: Get to Know ‘Nduja
‘Nduja (pronounced in-DOOJ-ya) is the spicy, spreadable, Calabrian salami that adds fabulous flavor to almost everything. Spread it on bread, stir it into sauces, put it on pizza, add it to eggs – the possibilities are virtually endless.
MUSICAL GUEST: Market Area – Pat McBride
Enjoy music by Pat McBride this Saturday. Pat brings us folk rock originals along with standards and 60’s favorites. He’s always popular at the Market. Come listen to him sing and play while you shop!
MUSICAL GUEST: Dining Pavilion – Proctor & Strunk
Kevin Strunk and Mark Proctor play a wide variety of folk, country, bluegrass, and light rock covers as well as originals on guitar and mandolin. They’re always a big hit. Enjoy their music while you dine this Saturday!