Vendor Highlights for August 20, Week #3
Featured this week:
- It’s peak season for summer produce with tomatoes, corn, peppers, melons, berries, squash, eggplant, and more available all over the Market!
- Sunshine Valley Farm makes their monthly visit to the Market with fresh local sustainably-raised lamb products.
- Penrod Arts Fair will be at the Market this Saturday and next selling discounted tickets ahead of the annual event.
Other Vendor news:
- Pete’s Peaches is out for the season. Other vendors will still have peaches this week – check Compean & Sons, Weathered Plow, and Nujac Gardens.
- Lumpia Creations is joining us off-schedule this week after being out last week.
- Pig’s Tale Charcuterie will move to the south row again this Saturday.
- The Vegan Cheese Lady and Green with Indy are out this week.
See our alphabetical Summer Vendor List for all our vendors with their regular schedules and offerings. To find vendor locations at the Market, check the BRFM Vendor Map each week or scan the Vendor Map QR Code at the market entrance!
National Honey Bee Day – Saturday, August 20th
Penrod Arts Fair Tickets on Sale August 20 & 27
WHAT’S COOKING: Eggplant is the Answer
From the classic Provencal dish, to a Mediterranean mom’s staple, to exotic Indian fare made modern, eggplant is the answer to “What should I cook?” in August in Indiana. Not to mention, it’s a great substitute for meat, but it also pairs well with meat as well as with all the delicious vegetables of summer. Get the recipe.
Our musicians volunteer to perform at the Market, so tips are much appreciated!
MUSICAL GUEST: Market Area – Thistle Sisters
MUSICAL GUEST: Dining Pavilion – Pat McBride
Enjoy music by Pat McBride this week. Pat brings us folk rock originals along with standards and 60s favorites. He’s always popular at the Market. Come listen to him sing and play while you breakfast in the dining pavilion!