OCTOBER HOURS: 9 AM – NOON
Vendor Highlights for October 1, Week #1
Featured this week:
- Plenty of tomatoes, corn, beans, peppers, winter squash, cucumbers, apples, greens, onions, and more. Plus, mums & pumpkins!
- WINTER VENDOR – Redwine Family Farms joins us this Saturday with herbs, spices, and hot sauces. Come check them out.
- The Artisano’s Oils & Spices pepper roaster is going to be at the Market this Saturday in Walking Waffles vacated spot on the north row. Just in time for chili weather!
- Non-Partisan Voter Registration will be available next to the Information booth at the Market through October 8th.
Other Vendor news:
- Byrnes Grilled Pizza is out this week to cater a private event; XChocol’Art is out working on special holiday treats for the upcoming season; and Best Dressed is out due to illness.
- Tall Girl Pasta and Turchetti’s Salumeria are also out.
- Walking Waffles is out for the season.
See our alphabetical Summer Vendor List for all our vendors with their regular schedules and offerings. To find vendor locations at the Market, check the BRFM Vendor Map each week or scan the Vendor Map QR Code at the market entrance!
WHAT’S COOKING: Italian-Style Fall Dining
I discovered this recipe for pork tenderloin with spinach and white beans a few years ago and fell in love with it. Over time, I‘ve adapted the technique and ingredients to my own taste. Here are both the original, and my version using Swiss chard. Either way, it goes beautifully with the pork and makes a superb Italian-style fall dinner. Get the recipe.
Our musicians volunteer to perform at the Market, so tips are much appreciated!
MUSICAL GUEST: Market Area – Danmore Kusaya
Dan Kusaya is a one-man band — cool, likeable, and unique. His musical mix is world and afrobeat-groovy. Dan uses story-like lyrics, and powerful looping of several instruments while performing original songs and more.
MUSICAL GUEST: Dining Pavilion – Proctor & Strunk
Kevin Strunk and Mark Proctor play a wide variety of folk, country, bluegrass, and light rock covers as well as originals on guitar and mandolin. They’re always a big hit. Enjoy their music while you breakfast this Saturday!