October hours: 9 am – noon
Vendor Highlights for October 22, Week #4
Featured this week:
- Plenty of pumpkins, mums, gourds, apples, beets, winter squash, greens, broccoli, cauliflower, radishes, onions, and fall decor!
- Don’t forget all the awesome autumn eats — donuts, caramel corn, pumpkin lattes, hard cider, cookies, crockpot kits, roasted peppers, soups, sauces, and more.
- Just two more weeks of the outdoor market. The weather forecast looks good for this Saturday with warmer temps and sun. Plus we’re in a beautiful setting to see the fall color!
Other Vendor news:
- Home Ec, Gallery Pastry Shop, and Wildschool Market are back this week after being out last Saturday.
- My Dad’s Sweet Corn is out for the season.
- The Dirt Bar is out this Saturday due to a death in the family, and Groomsville Popcorn is out due to staffing.
See our alphabetical Summer Vendor List for all our vendors with their regular schedules and offerings. To find vendor locations at the Market, check the BRFM Vendor Map each week or scan the Vendor Map QR Code at the market entrance!
Next Saturday, October 29, everyone (including dogs) is invited to dress in costume to celebrate Halloween at the BRFM and our last outdoor market of the season.
More Than Corn
The recent Heartland Film Festival 2022 featured an Indiana Spotlight Film from 12 Stars Media, a documentary following Full Hand Farm through their 2021 farm season. More Than Corn includes aerial shots of the farm, capturing each distinct season as they ebb and flow throughout the year. “What a gift to have such a time capsule of our life’s work,” (Genesis). Read more.
WHAT’S COOKING: Winter Squash
A Pumpkin by any other name is…well, a winter squash. And all winter squashes are technically fruits, not vegetables. They have wonderful sweetness and creaminess that makes them fabulous in all kinds of savory dishes. Here are three recipes you’ll want to try this fall with wonderful winter squash. Get the recipes.
Our musicians volunteer to perform at the Market, so tips are much appreciated!
MUSICAL GUEST: Market Area – Kris Huntley
Kris Huntley describes himself as a basic consumer born and raised on planet earth. He does a wide selection of catchy songs from the sixties to today with irresistable energy and style. You’re sure to be grooving and singing along.
MUSICAL GUEST: Dining Pavilion – Whobilados
Whobilados play a mix of lively traditional tunes and originals blending multi-part vocals, with varied instruments, for their highly listenable music. Be entertained while you enjoy breakfast and beverage in the dining pavilion.