Vendor Highlights for February 4, Week 1
Valentine’s Day Specials and Preorders
- Chocolate Pasta Roses make for special Valentine desserts! Made with chocolate pasta and sweet cheese filling, these roses cook like other filled pastas but are eaten at RT or cool. Topped with chocolate or caramel sauce, whipped cream, nuts, or fruit reduction using Black Cherry Balsamic from Artisano’s, and Amarena wild cherries in syrup!
- Or consider Raspberry Cheesecake and Turtle (chocolate, pecans, caramel) ice creams from Lick!
- Tulip Tree Creamery is still taking orders for their Valentine’s Day Special – Trillium and Snapdragon Hearts! Only available via Preorder, you can place an order online or at the Market.
- Xchocol’Art is offering several beautiful and delicious Valentine chocolates!
- Groomsville Popcorn is back this week and will be with us the rest of the Winter season!
- Pig’s Tale Charcuterie has a new German-style salami this week – Cervelat – spiced with ginger, black pepper and nutmeg. Try a sample!
Vendors Out this Week
- Better Edges and Farmer’s Sauce are out this week but will be back on their regular schedules for Week 3.
- Corea Kimchi is out for a few weeks with a family illness.
- Home Ec Preserves is out this week.
- Johnnie Raber Family Farm is out this week, inventory is a little low.
Resources to Find your Favorite Vendors
- See which vendors will be at the Market and where to find them on our weekly VENDOR MAP.
- See the full list of our Winter Market vendors and their regular schedules on our WINTER VENDOR LIST.
Love is in the Air
With Valentine’s Day coming up, here is a recipe for two using pork tenderloin (which is always tender and pretty much foolproof to cook), done in a way that is both easy and elegant. This dish uses classic flavors of mushrooms, parsley and lemon, but you could change the flavor profile to suit your mood. See the Cook’s Notes at the bottom for more ideas. Get the recipe.
Robert Bruce Scott
Enjoy music by Robert Bruce Scott this Saturday. Robert is a classically trained tenor and self-trained mandolinist, guitarist, keyboardist, and harpist with a wide-ranging repertoire of listenable songs. Come listen to him sing and play while you enjoy breakfast!
Our musicians are also volunteers, so tips are very much appreciate. Thanks!