Welcome Back to BRFM 2023
We are pleased to have found a venue for this season that serves our vendors and customers in terms of space, parking, and proximity to our community (Get Directions). While we loved being at 2nd Pres, if all goes well this season, we hope to be in this location for a couple of years until our new home is ready in Broad Ripple Park. We’ll keep you posted about the progress necessary before the Market could be moved there.
For those of you who remember the 2020 Market, 2023 will be an improvement. We won’t be dealing with COVID constraints – won’t have to spread out so much, no social distancing required, dogs and ready-to-eat vendors are back, and music too. There will be more customer parking next to the Market and it will be simpler to access. (See map.)
Looking forward to seeing you all on Saturday, 8 am – 12 noon behind Lowe’s Home Improvement Center in Glendale!
Vendor News for Summer 2023
NEW TO THE SUMMER MARKET:
- Alcomy – cocktail mixers (ALL)
- Amazing Hazel’s – bloody Mary mix, sloppy joe mix, hot sauces (2/4)
- Balanced Harvest Farm – fresh & dried flower bouquets (ALL)
- Bake Sale Bakery – sourdough breads, croissants(ALL)
- The Food Florist – ready to bake casseroles, lasagnas (1/3 plus)
- MKONO Farm – heritage pork products (1/3)
- Niche Nourishment – allergy-free ready-to-eat & take-home food (ALL)
- The Nuttie Co – ground nut butters (1/3)
- Primal Delights – kombucha, krauts (2/4)
- U-Relish – dried bean and herb mixes (2/4 plus)
- Sunshine Valley Farm changing from 2/4, out this week (1/3)
Full time to part time:
- Wild Sage Tea Co(1/3)
- Ann’s Asparagus/Pete’s Peaches will be part time as product allows (frost damage to both asparagus and peach trees)
- Filigree Bakery is moving from occasional to part-time (2/4)
Part time to full time:
- Tailored Toddies staffing problems, out this week
- The Cookie Jar Crew
- Pet Wants Indy is now The Good Chew Company
- Compean & Sons will start May 13
- My Dad’s Sweet Corn will start late June, early July
- Nujac Gardens will start in July
- Wild’s Apple Farm will start in July
- BRVA Duck Sales every Saturday in May (Broad Ripple Duck Race)
- Best Dressed – vendor Jessica Sorrels had a baby and is now working full time. So for now she is out of the dressing business.
- Field’s Farm Fresh – the Field’s have decided to retire from the Farmers Market business. They will be doing a little farming but selling wholesale.
- Jack’s Caramel Corn – Will not be returning this year.
- Lick Ice Cream – Lick is expanding their business and doesn’t have the staffing to do a Market this summer. Hoping to be back this Winter.
- JP Parker Flowers — Pam Tucker sold the business.
- The Vegan Cheese Lady — husband isn’t able to help this summer but she plans to be back at the Winter Market.
- South BBQ – both owners are now working full time, so no Markets.
See our alphabetical Summer Vendor List for all our vendors with their regular schedules and offerings. To find vendor locations at the Market, check the Vendor Map each week in this newsletter or scan the Vendor Map QR Code at the market entrance!
Annual Tree Giveaway
Indiana State Representatives Ed Delaney and Greg Porter will be back again for the annual opening day seedling giveaway. They are scheduled to be set up between Good Chew and Pots & Pans at the southeast corner of the Market when we open at 8 am. Read more about this annual tradition, including a list of the trees offered this year.
MUSICAL GUEST: North – Kris Huntley
Kris Huntley describes himself as a basic consumer born and raised on planet earth. He does a wide selection of catchy songs from the sixties to today with irresistable energy and style. You’re sure to be grooving and singing along.
MUSICAL GUEST: South- Pat McBride
Enjoy music by Pat McBride this week. Pat brings us folk rock originals along with standards and 60s favorites. He’s always popular at the Market. Come listen to him sing and play while shop and dine at the Market.
Our musicians volunteer to perform at the Market, so tips are much appreciated!