Full Hand Movie More than Corn Sunday June 4 at KanKan
If you haven’t seen the movie yet, I highly recommend it. The cinematography is breathtaking and the story is both personal and heartwarming. You may remember the production crew filming at the Market and at the Full Hand Farm Dinner in 2021. The movie is filmed across four seasons which adds to the beauty with drone footage that is stunning. Genesis is the primary storyteller but Eli and various crew members add equally interesting commentary.
This special event includes a cocktail reception, live Q&A with the Cast and Crew ($10/person), and an optional Farm to Table Dinner at The Brasserie at KanKan with multiple courses highlighting seasonal produce from Full Hand Farm ($75/person). If you haven’t eaten at the Brasserie yet, you are in for another treat!
Vendor News for May 20 Week 3
REMINDERS ABOUT SOME OF THE CHANGES FOR 2023
- Lots of questions about Field’s Fresh Produce last Saturday. Sadly for us, the family has retired from Farmers Markets. We will always remember their unique bedding plants and flowers, their cantaloupes and watermelons, and their baby zucchini breads and persimmon pudding!
- We are hosting two musicians again this summer – one on the north end and one on the south end of the middle row. Tables and chairs are set up at both ends for enjoying breakfast to live music!
- Pet Wants Indy is now the Good Chew Company. Ask them about the change!
- David Barrickman‘s grandson Skyler Majors is now the full-time beekeeper and honey guy at Wildflower Ridge Honey.
- And if you haven’t gotten to know our new bread vendor Bake Sale Bakery yet, you should check them out. Trained in New Orleans, Cuylor makes a phenomenal pecan croissant and a very French baguette!
STARTING THIS WEEK OR JOINING OFF SCHEDULE
- Sunshine Valley Farm, our lamb vendor, is back this week and we are especially excited they will be with us twice month this summer weeks 1/3.
- Lumpia Creations is joining us off-schedule this week!
OUT THIS WEEK
- Xchocol’Art is on vacation this week and be sure to note that they switched from full to part time this season weeks 1/3.
- Sirocco Ridge Farm is out this week with staffing issues. Check out their new gelato when they get back!
- La Chinita Poblana is out this week doing the Broad Ripple Art Fair.
- Wild Sage Tea Co. is in Colorado this week and they also switched to part time this summer weeks 1/3.
- The BRVA is selling ducks for its famous Duck Race Sunday June 4. They are set u next to the Market Entrance/Exit. More details at Broad Ripple Duck Race.
See our alphabetical Summer Vendor List for all our vendors with their regular schedules and offerings. To find vendor locations at the Market, check the Vendor Map each week in this newsletter or scan the Vendor Map QR Code at the market entrance!
Grilled Asparagus with Caper Salsa
This recipe is perfect for showcasing our seasonal Indiana asparagus from Ann’s Asparagus or Weathered Plow. Serve with baguettes from Bake Sale Bakery or Native Bread for dipping in the tasty salsa. Get the recipe.
MUSICAL GUEST NORTH:
Proctor & Strunk
Kevin Strunk and Mark Proctor play a wide variety of folk, country, bluegrass, and light rock covers as well as originals on guitar and mandolin. They’re always a big hit. Enjoy their music while you breakfast this Saturday!
MUSICAL GUEST SOUTH:
Robert Bruce Scott and Tilt-a-Squirrel
We are looking forward to Robert Bruce Scott playing with Tilt-a-Squirrel on Saturday. They played and sang together at the Winter Market and were a big hit! Check them out while you enjoy your breakfast!
Our musicians volunteer to perform at the Market,
so tips are much appreciated!