Don’t miss this chance to see the Full Hand Farm movie June 4 at The KanKan!!
If you haven’t seen the movie yet, I highly recommend it. The cinematography is breathtaking and the story is both personal and heartwarming. You may remember the production crew filming at the Market and at the Full Hand Farm Dinner in 2021. The movie is filmed across four seasons which adds to the beauty with drone footage which is stunning. Genesis is the primary storyteller but Eli and various crew members add equally interesting commentary.
This special event includes a cocktail reception, live Q&A with the Cast and Crew ($10/person), and an optional Farm to Table Dinner at The Brasserie at KanKan with multiple courses highlighting seasonal produce from Full Hand Farm ($75/person). If you haven’t eaten at the Brasserie yet, you are in for another treat!
May 27: Fourth Saturday of May
- This is peak peony season so be sure to take some home to add dramatic color to your holiday tables this weekend! Balanced Harvest Farm participated in the Noblesville Peony Festival last weekend and will be bringing some of those same peonies this Saturday. Harvest Moon Flower Farm and Weathered Plow will also have peonies brightening their bouquets this Saturday too.
- Memorial Day Weekend always makes for fun food for sharing. And the Market is a great place to stock up on asparagus, baby carrots, strawberries, rhubarb and items for first summer grillouts! We’ll have plenty of pork, beef, chicken and bison this week. And some Romesco or Chimichurri sauce, new from Farm to Product, to add some excitement to your steaks and grilled chicken!
- Raber Family Farm and Weathered Plow will have strawberries this week!
- Jason Michael Thomas will have chicken of the woods mushrooms this week!! And Weathered Plow will have morels!!
- Remember to bring CASH for all vendors who do not accept credit cards (Raber Family Farm, Norman Mullet Farm, Ann’s Asparagus and Phelps Family Farm.
OUT THIS WEEK
- kuacha & me(h) is on vacation this week.
- Turchetti’s is out this week because of staffing.
- Lumpia Creations is at the Race this week.
- The BRVA is selling ducks for its famous Duck Race Sunday June 4. They are set u next to the Market Entrance/Exit. More details at Broad Ripple Duck Race.
See our alphabetical Summer Vendor List for all our vendors with their regular schedules and offerings. To find vendor locations at the Market, check the Vendor Map each week in this newsletter or scan the Vendor Map QR Code at the market entrance!
Strawberry Drop Biscuits
What a simple way to make a breakfast treat! Add some fresh fruit and whipped cream and you have dessert!! You could add rhubarb. Use peaches or blueberries. Or berries – red or black. But with beautiful straw-berries (and rhubarb) in season, what a great way to celebrate Memorial Day! Get the recipe.
MUSICAL GUEST NORTH:
Dan Kusaya is a one-man band — cool, likeable, and unique. His musical mix is world and afrobeat-groovy. Dan uses story-like lyrics, and powerful looping of several instruments while performing original songs and more. Get an international breakfast and enjoy the African rhythm!
MUSICAL GUEST SOUTH:
It’s always good to have the popular Nick Ivanovich at the Market with his traditional Ukrainian folk music-influenced songs full of alluring minor modes and sweet melodies. Come listen while you enjoy your breakfast!
Our musicians volunteer to perform at the Market, so tips are much appreciated!