August 12 – Second Saturday in August
- Newfield volunteers will be at the Market beginning this Saturday for 3 weeks selling tickets to the Penrod Art Fair. Find them under the BRVA tent near the Market entrance.
- Celebrate National Farmers Market Week! Be sure to let your favorite vendors know how much you appreciate all the work they do!
- Niche Nourishment if offering a new item this week – gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free blueberry cobbler.
- Old Major is bringing scratch-made, hand mixed Morcilla sausages this week. They are ready to be pan crisped and served in a bun or taco with apples and onion.
- Pig’s Tale Charcuterie will have what you need for your charcuterie plate this week!
- Home Ec Preserves is bringing zucchini bread & butter pickles this week and more pickles on a stick!
VENDORS OUT AND OFF SCHEDULE
- Filigree Bakery and kuacha & me(h) are out this week.
See our alphabetical Summer Vendor List for all our vendor’s regular schedules and offerings.
To find vendor locations at the Market, check the Vendor Map each week in this newsletter (the map is current as of 10 am on Friday — see our website any time for the latest updates). Or stop by the Information Booth at the Market and scan the Vendor Map QR Code!
Remember to bring CASH in order to purchase from the few vendors who don’t take credit cards (Johnnie Raber Family Farm, Norman Mullet Farm, and Phelps Family Farm).Lost & Found items are turned in to the BRFM Information Tent – be sure to check there if you’ve lost something (coffee mugs, wallets, sunglasses) at the Market.
Tomato Storage TipsConfused about whether it is ever OK to refrigerate tomatoes without losing fresh tomato flavor and texture? Get the scoop from food science expert Harold McGee as reported in Food52. The short answer is sometimes! But only if the tomatoes are fully ripe and allowed to recover before serving.
MUSICAL GUEST NORTH:
Combustible Dust, (aka Dustin McKinney), is influenced by American folk traditions, Brazilian music, songs from Spain, Eastern Europe, and Louisiana Creole. He is a music teacher as well as a singer and instrumentalist.
MUSICAL GUEST SOUTH:
The JBJ Collective
Wow! These young men are so talented, and their music has been wildly popular this summer. Braedon and brothers Jaydon and LaSaun play an eclectic blend of jazz, R&B, funk, op, and improv that keeps everybody moving!
Our musicians volunteer to perform at the Market,
so tips are much appreciated!