DINNER IN THE GARDEN 2023:
Dinner in the Garden tickets are still available but going fast! Join us on Sunday September 17 to celebrate Ross Faris Award honorees, Rosa and Tony Hanslits, and to enjoy an exquisite wine-paired meal featuring some of Indiana’s top chefs – Abbi Merriss and Youssef Boudarine from Bluebeard, Samir Mohammed and Rachel Firestone Mohammed from 9th St. Bistro, Tyler Shortt from Tinker Street, Allen Smith from Meridian.
VENDOR NEWS: August 19 – Third Saturday in August
- Newfield volunteers will be back at the Market this Saturday selling advance-sale tickets to the Penrod Art Fair. Find them under the BRVA tent beside the BRFM Tents.
- Summer Market Sponsor Elizabeth Marshall State Farm Insurance is joining us again this Saturday with fun games and prizes. They will be set up near the entrance.
- Produce is spectacular now! Watermelons and cantelopes; tomatoes and peppers of all colors and sizes; bunches of herbs and big bunches of basil for pesto-makin;, fresh mozzarella; many varieties of lettuce in heads or loose-leaf; green, yellow and purple green beans and Roma beans, and all type of eggplant – small and large, white and purple.
VENDORS OUT AND OFF SCHEDULE
- Filigree Bakery is with us off schedule this week.
- Artisano’s is out this week.
- See our alphabetical Summer Vendor List for all our vendor’s regular schedules and offerings.
To find vendor locations at the Market, check the Vendor Map each week in this newsletter (the map is current as of 10 am on Friday — see our website any time for the latest updates). Or stop by the Information Booth at the Market and scan the Vendor Map QR Code!
Crispy Tofu with ZaatarThis original recipe from Marlen at Apricot Sun takes full advantage of the wonderful flavors of Zaatar and the freshness of Market produce. And like everything she makes, it’s very healthful… only 283 calories and 17 grams of protein per serving!
MUSICAL GUEST NORTH:
Dan Kusaya is a one-man band — cool, likeable, and unique. He has a huge repertoire of songs, and the musical mix is world and afrobeat-groovy. Dan uses story-like lyrics, and powerful looping of several instruments while performing original songs and more.
Tilt-a-SquirrelThis is a rare treat to have Tilt-a-Squirrel (including Robert Bruce Scott) to play for us this Saturday. They will be playing their usual eclectic mix including originals, classic rock, trad, jazz standards, even a tango!
Our musicians volunteer to perform at the Market, so tips are much appreciated!