September 2nd – First Saturday in September
- Come and shop Saturday morning at the Market for everything fresh and local that you need for fabulous Labor Day Weekend feasting!
- We welcome a brand-new vendor this week – Agua Blanca Shrimp – fresh salt-water shrimp sustainably raised right here in Indianapolis with no chemicals or antibiotics.
- Pots & Pans Pie Co. will have their September menu of sweet pies available at the Market this Saturday. S’more pies are back on the menu and will sell out fast!
- Home Ec Preserves will have more corn butter this Saturday. YUM!
- Apple season is here! Check out Wild’s Apple Farm, Compean & Sons, and Weathered Plow Farmstand each week for new varieties of apples showing up as the season progresses.
- The ARPO Dog Olympics are coming up September 16th. Don’t miss all the doggie doings and canine capers at Broad Ripple Park.
VENDORS OUT AND OFF SCHEDULE
- Bloomer’s Greenhouse is out for the season.
- Farmer’s Sassy Sauce is out this week and September 16th. Happily Rebecca’s Best will take their spot both weeks.
- Tailored Toddies is out this Saturday due to staffing issues.
- Korea Kimchi is out through September caring for family in Korea.
- See our alphabetical Summer Vendor List for all our vendors with their regular schedules and offerings.
To find vendor locations at the Market, check the Vendor Map each week in this newsletter or scan the Vendor Map QR Code at the entrance to the market. The QR Code will take you to the Vendor Map on our website.
Remember to bring CASH in order to purchase from the few vendors who don’t take credit cards (Johnnie Raber Family Farm, Norman Mullet Farm, and Phelps Family Farm).
Lost & Found items are turned in to the BRFM Information Tent – be sure to check there if you’ve lost something (coffee mugs, wallets, sunglasses) at the Market.
WHAT’S COOKING: Zucchini with Zip
It’s that time of year – when zucchini is so bountiful that it leaves you wondering what to do with it all. These two recipes take the ubiquitous summer vegetable in new directions – one super simple (works on the grill too) and the other sophisticated enough to impress guests. Both make a great side for grilled meat or addition to a vegetarian meal.
Get the recipes.
MUSICAL GUEST NORTH: Todd Andrew Ballard
Todd Andrew Ballard is a singer/ songwriter based in Indianapolis, who combines folk, rock, blues, and country to produce a melodic style all his own. His music is influenced by the likes of JJ Cale, John Fogerty, and Jason Isbell.
MUSICAL GUEST SOUTH: Nick Ivanovich
It’s always good to have the popular Nick Ivanovich at the Market with his traditional Ukrainian folk music-influenced songs full of alluring minor modes and sweet melodies. Come listen while you shop!
Our musicians volunteer to perform at the Market, so tips are much appreciated!