September 16th – Third Saturday in September
- School may have started and summer vacations are over, but the Summer Market is still going strong with plenty of fresh local produce every Saturday through October!
- Dirt Bar returns to the Market for the fall season with beautiful seasonal pots and container plants.
- Tulip Tree Creamery will have their brand new Morning Glory cheese – soft but slightly firm and mild in flavor.
- Groomsville Popcorn is done with lemonade for the season to concentrate on their delicious popcorns and caramel corns for fall.
- The ARPO Dog Olympics are this Saturday. Don’t miss all the doggie doings and canine capers at Broad Ripple Park. Head on over after your visit to the Market.
VENDORS OUT, BACK, AND WITH US OFF SCHEDULE
- Rebecca’s Best and Filigree Bakery are both with us off-schedule this Saturday.
- La Chinita Poblana, Bake Sale Bakery, and Turchetti’s Salumeria are back after being out last week.
- Corea Kimchi and Farmers Sassy Sauce are still out.
- See our alphabetical Summer Vendor List for all our vendors with their regular schedules and offerings.
To find vendor locations at the Market, check the Vendor Map each week in this newsletter or scan the Vendor Map QR Code at the entrance to the market. The QR Code will take you to the Vendor Map on our website.
Remember to bring CASH in order to purchase from the few vendors who don’t take credit cards (Johnnie Raber Family Farm, Norman Mullet Farm, and Phelps Family Farm).
Lost & Found items are turned in to the BRFM Information Tent – be sure to check there if you’ve lost something (coffee mugs, wallets, sunglasses) at the Market.
WHAT’S COOKING: Terrific Tomatillos
Did you ever wonder what to do with those funny-looking tomatillos you see at the Market? I assumed it would be something tricky and complicated that would not be worth the effort. Boy was I wrong! After a friend gave us a dozen or so tomatillos from his garden, I decided to take the plunge and figure out what to do with them. The result was both easy and delicious.
MUSICAL GUEST NORTH: Nautilus
If you missed them last week, they’re back for an encore. Nautilus is a fusion rock band that specializes in jamming/funk. They play everything from classic rock to bluegrass to jazz.
MUSICAL GUEST SOUTH: Thistle Sisters
We are excited to have the folk duo of Julia Spangler and Bethany Walters (aka Thistle Sisters) back this week. Great music from two enterprising entrepreneurs. Come listen to them sing and play while you shop and breakfast!
Our musicians volunteer to perform at the Market, so tips are much appreciated!