September 30th – Fifth Saturday in September
- With pumpkins and mums available thru October, customers might want to bring a wagon to get their large items to the car easily.
- There is still summer produce like tomatoes, zucchini, peppers, & more at the market; as well as corn from My Dad’s Sweet Corn.
- Tall Girl Pasta will switch from pasta salads to soups this week with Chicken Marsala and Lasagna Soup. She will also begin taking holiday orders with a 10% discount for orders placed 9/30-10/15.
- Check out the new Peach Smoked Salt at Circle City Smoke.
VENDORS OUT, BACK, AND WITH US OFF SCHEDULE
On this 5th Saturday of the month, these part-time vendors are joining us.
Lumpia Creations, Rebecca’s Best, Hidden Pond Farm, Red Frazier Bison, Sirocco Ridge Creamery, Sunshine Valley Farm, Better Edges, Maplewood Farm, Primal Delights, and Wild Alaska Salmon & Seafood.
- Pig’s Tale Charcuterie and Home Ec will be out this Saturday.
- Daily Blossom is out for the season.
- Corea Kimchi and La Chinita Poblana are back this week.
- This is the last appearance of the season for Guacamole & More and Walking Waffles. Better come and stock up!
- See our alphabetical Summer Vendor List for all our vendors with their regular schedules and offerings.
To find vendor locations at the Market, check the Vendor Map each week in this newsletter or scan the Vendor Map QR Code at the entrance to the market. The QR Code will take you to the Vendor Map on our website.
Remember to bring CASH in order to purchase from the few vendors who don’t take credit cards (Johnnie Raber Family Farm, Norman Mullet Farm, and Phelps Family Farm).
Lost & Found items are turned in to the BRFM Information Tent – be sure to check there if you’ve lost something (coffee mugs, wallets, sunglasses) at the Market.
WHAT’S COOKING: Apple Salads for Fall
Crisp apples and other delicious fall produce make great salads that resonate with the season. Think kale, kohlrabi, beets, and cabbage, and you’ve got the idea. These recipes from Food Network, are the perfect accompaniment to fall tailgating specialties like sloppy joes, pulled pork, chili, BBQ ribs, grilled sausages, and more. ‘Tis the season – for all things APPLE!
Get the recipe.
MUSICAL GUEST NORTH: Thistle Sisters
We love having the folk duo of Julia Spangler and Bethany Walters (aka Thistle Sisters) at the Market whenever we can. Great music from two enterprising entrepreneurs. Come listen to them sing and play while you shop and linger over breakfast!
MUSICAL GUEST SOUTH: Todd Andrew Ballard
Todd Andrew Ballard is a singer/ songwriter based in Indianapolis, who combines folk, rock, blues, and country to produce a melodic style all his own. His music is influenced by the likes of JJ Cale, John Fogerty, and Jason Isbell.
Our musicians volunteer to perform at the Market, so tips are much appreciated!