October 7th – First Saturday in October
- WE OPEN AT 9 AM THIS SATURDAY AND THRU OCTOBER.
- There will be a significant drop in temperatures by Saturday. Dress for the chill and be sure to stock up on chili fixin’s from produce to meats to spices and more from multiple vendors.
- With pumpkins and mums available thru October, customers might want to bring a wagon to get their large items to the car easily.
- Artisano’s Oils & Spices will bring their pepper roaster this week and be roasting varieties of peppers and tomatillos on site. Grab some for use in your fall chili and other southwest inspired dishes!
- Tall Girl Pasta is offering Baked Radiatore and Lemon-Sage Chicken pasta bake, both with fresh pasta and house-made ricotta. Spicy Meatballs are now in a 4 or 8 count.
- There is still summer produce like tomatoes, zucchini, peppers, & more at the market; as well as corn from My Dad’s Sweet Corn.
VENDORS OUT, BACK, AND WITH US OFF SCHEDULE
- Rebecca’s Best is joining us this week off-schedule.
- Home Ec Perserves and Pig’s Tale Charcuterie are back this Saturday after being out last week.
- Farm to Product, La Chinita Poblana, Maplewood Farm, and Turchetti’s Salumeria will be out this Saturday.
- Nicey Treat, Dirt Bar, Guacamole & More, and Walking Waffles are all out for the season now.
- See our alphabetical Summer Vendor List for all our vendors with their regular schedules and offerings.
To find vendor locations at the Market, check the Vendor Map each week in this newsletter or scan the Vendor Map QR Code at the entrance to the market. The QR Code will take you to the Vendor Map on our website.
Remember to bring CASH in order to purchase from the few vendors who don’t take credit cards (Johnnie Raber Family Farm, Norman Mullet Farm, and Phelps Family Farm).
Lost & Found items are turned in to the BRFM Information Tent – be sure to check there if you’ve lost something (coffee mugs, wallets, sunglasses) at the Market.
WHAT’S COOKING: Happy Healthy Harvest
Summer is officially over, but the “fruits” of the harvest make for some really fabulous fall dishes. Flavorful baked eggplant with lots of tomatoes and cheese (yum!) along with delicious spicy corn soup feel like a wonderful way to use summer’s bounty to take the edge off of autumn’s chill.
Get the recipes.
MUSICAL GUEST NORTH: Mario Joven
We are pleased to welcome back BRFM favorite Marion Joven and friend Joe Fisher. Mario always pulls together interesting artists for a great sound! Plan to have some breakfast and enjoy!
MUSICAL GUEST SOUTH: Nick Ivanovich
It’s always good to have the popular Nick Ivanovich at the Market with his traditional Ukrainian folk music-influenced songs full of alluring minor modes and sweet melodies. Come listen while you shop!
Our musicians volunteer to perform at the Market, so tips are much appreciated!