October 21st- Third Saturday in October
- WE OPEN AT 9 AM SATURDAYS, OUTDOORS THRU OCTOBER.
- Look for nutty caramel apples at Redwine Farm; and chocolate-covered caramel apples at Xchocol’Art.
- Bake Sale Bakery will have sweet Potato Goat Cheese Croissants and Pumpkin-Almond Croissants. They are also offering dinner rolls. Thanksgiving pre-orders open Saturday.
- Niche Nourishment has a new product this week – Chocolate Chip Granola! (vegan, nut-free, gluten-free, and dairy-free)
- Sample fall cocktail elixirs at Alcomy this week. Try Blackberry Lavender Mojito, Bee’s Knees, Spicy Paloma. and Cinna-Maple Old Fashioned. They’ll also have a few limited edition Bee Sting! elixirs, a smoked & hot honey collaboration with Eagle Creek Apiary!
- Pots & Pans Pie Co. has their October pie lineup available including pumpkin caramel, apple crumble, and frangiapane pear.
- Artisano’s Oils & Spices will bring their pepper roaster all month to roast peppers and tomatillos on site.
- This is the last week of the season for My Dad’s Sweet Corn and probably the last week for Compean & Sons.
VENDORS OUT, BACK, AND WITH US OFF SCHEDULE
- Rebecca’s Best is joining us this week off-schedule and Sunshine Valley Farm is hanging out in Full Hand’s space this Saturday.
- Turchetti’s Salumeria is back this Saturday after being out last week.
- Home Ec Preserves, La Chinita Poblana and Full Hand Farm will be out this Saturday.
- Balanced Harvest Farm and The Nuttie Co. are out for the season.
- See our alphabetical Summer Vendor List for all our vendors with their regular schedules and offerings.
To find vendor locations at the Market, check the Vendor Map each week in this newsletter or scan the Vendor Map QR Code at the entrance to the market. The QR Code will take you to the Vendor Map on our website.
Remember to bring CASH in order to purchase from the few vendors who don’t take credit cards (Johnnie Raber Family Farm, Norman Mullet Farm, and Phelps Family Farm).
Lost & Found items are turned in to the BRFM Information Tent – be sure to check there if you’ve lost something (coffee mugs, wallets, sunglasses) at the Market.
WHAT’S COOKING: Tasty Trending Toast
Although it’s been around since at least 2011, Squash Toast is experiencing a reawakening. Celebrated by everyone from Ina Garten to Mark Bittman and Deb Perelman, (all famous foodies), the ingredients are actually pretty simple and the prep is classic. Next time you get together with friends or family, wow them with this trendy and tasty concoction.
Get the recipe.
MUSICAL GUEST NORTH: Whobilados
Whobilados play a mix of lively traditional tunes and originals blending multi-part vocals, with varied instruments, for their highly listenable music. Be entertained while you enjoy breakfast at the Market.
MUSICAL GUEST SOUTH: Patrick McBride
Enjoy music by Pat McBride this week. Pat brings us folk rock originals along with standards and 60s favorites. He’s always popular at the Market. Come listen to him sing and play while you browse the booths.
Our musicians volunteer to perform at the Market, so tips are much appreciated!
CORRECTION: The Real Mark Proctor
Last week we inadvertently used a photo of Kevin Strunk identifying it as Mark Proctor. We apologize for the mix-up and want to let you know that THIS is the real Mark Proctor who entertained us so well at last Saturday’s Market.