Vendor Highlights for November 11, Week 2
Thanksgiving Dinner Planning
Preorder turkey, pies, cakes, and breads now to be sure to get what you want when you need it. Check with your favorite vendors about preorders!
- Get creative with your dressing/stuffing, sides and/or vegetarian/vegan alternatives this season – so many beautiful and healthful options available this year. Search our recipes for ideas!
- New vendors starting this week: Chez Pauline Homemade French Bakery (breads, pastries) and VangiCookies (gourmet cookies)
- Wild’s Apple Farm and Weathered Plow are only with us until Thanksgiving.
- By tradition, there will be NO MARKET the Saturday after Thanksgiving.
Vendors with us off Schedule
- Sunshine Valley Farm couldn’t participate in their regualr Week 1 Market this month, so they are with us this week so we can get our lamb for Thanksgiving!
Vendors out this Week
- Artisano’s Chili Pepper Roasting is out this week and next but may be back on Dec 4.
- The Vegan Cheese Lady is out this week with a sick vehicle, back next week.
To find vendor locations at the Market, check the Vendor Map each week in this newsletter or scan the Vendor Map QR Code at the entrance to the market. The QR Code will also take you to the Vendor Map on our website.
Remember to bring CASH in order to purchase from the few vendors who don’t take credit cards (Norman Mullet Farm and Phelps Family Farm).
Lost & Found items are turned in to the BRFM Information Tent – be sure to check there if you’ve lost something (coffee mugs, wallets, sunglasses) at the Market.
Appalachian Fresh Apple Cake
This Apple Cake is loaded with chunky apples which makes the apple flavors shine. Use any combination of varieties and serve it warm from the oven or cold, for dessert or breakfast, or just for a snack anytime. And it keeps really well – getting even better with age!
Dan Kusaya is a one-man band — cool, likeable, and unique. He has a huge repertoire of songs, and the musical mix is world and afrobeat-groovy. Dan uses story-like lyrics, and powerful looping of several instruments while performing original songs and more. Our musicians volunteer to perform at the Market, so tips are much appreciated!