Vendors News and Specials
- Freedom Valley Farm is now making paper copies of their favorite mushroom recipes available to customers! So far, they include Korean Fried Oyster Mushrooms, Creamy Chestnut Mushroom Gravy, and Shitake Mushroom Sauce. And they have more in the works. They aren’t currently online, but they will be added soon to the BRFM website. Stay tuned!
- Sirocco Ridge Farm is out until early March while their momma to be goats dry up and use their energy to grow their babies. They’ll be back in early March when the kids arrive and milk production resumes.
- Filigree Bakery is featuring her sell-out New
Vendors out this week
- Turchetti’s Salumeria is out, back January 13.
- Better Edges is out since he works out in the parking lot. Working on a better plan for future.
- Native Bread and Pots & Pans are out this week – their annual weeks off.
- Full Hand Farm is out until January 13 (taking preorders January 8).
- kuacha & me(h) is out until January 13.
- Home Ec Preserves is out until January 20.
- Xchocol’Art is out until January 20.
- Sirocco Ridge Farm out until early March.
- Bake Sale Bakery is out until mid-April.
To find vendor locations at the Market, check the newsletter Vendor Map each week or scan the Vendor Map QR Code at the entrance to the Market. Click here to see the complete list of our Winter Market vendors. The Vendor Map and Vendor list are also available on our website.
Remember to bring CASH in order to purchase from the few vendors who don’t take credit cards (Norman Mullet Farm and Phelps Family Farm).
Lost & Found items are turned in to the BRFM Information Tent – be sure to check there if you’ve lost something (water bottles, wallets, kids stuff) at the Market.
Farro and Mushroom Gratin
Nutty farro and earthy mushrooms are baked with herbs and mascarpone into a creamy gratin topped with Gruyère. It’s a rich, meatless meal that needs nothing more than a crisp green salad to round it out. This dish allows for substitutions/additions making it easy to use what you have!
We love having the folk duo of Julia Spangler and Bethany Walters (aka Thistle Sisters) at the Market whenever we can. Great music from two enterprising entrepreneurs. Come listen to them sing and play while you shop and linger over breakfast! Our musicians volunteer to perform at the Market, so tips are much appreciated!