Are you ready to impact your community?
Now Accepting Applications for BRVA Board of Directors
TERM: Jan 1 2020 – Dec 31 2022
Are you ready to take your community involvement to the next level? Applications are now being accepted for the Board of Directors for the Broad Ripple Village Association (BRVA). We are looking for individuals who are interested in the ongoing quest to keep Broad Ripple the premier neighborhood to live, work and play in Indianapolis. We have specific needs for Marketing/PR expertise, Membership drive assistance, Finance and Event management, but all who have capacity and desire to help should apply. We look forward to hearing from you!
Applications will be accepted until October 15, 2019. The election will take place on November 19, 2019 during the Annual Fall Meeting of BRVA.
The Board of Directors provides guidance, oversight, and hands-on expertise in all facets of the BRVA. Through its volunteers and standing committees, the BRVA monitors developments in the Village and works with city officials to promote neighborhood safety and improvements; communicates with its stakeholders on activities in the neighborhood; promotes its member businesses to the community, and sponsors numerous special events. These activities are designed to maintain and enhance the livability and desirability of Broad Ripple as a premier neighborhood and cultural district within Indianapolis.
Candidates for board positions must:
- Commit to a three-year term of office, to begin on January 1, 2020 and end on December 31, 2022
- Have a desire to contribute to Broad Ripple Village through active participation on at least one BRVA committee (for example: Fundraising, Membership, Land Use & Development, Beautification, Economic Development, and Governance.)
- Be a dues-paying member in good standing of BRVA. (Membership must be valid as of October 20, 2019 in accordance with BRVA bylaws. Purchase/renew membership here)
- Expect to invest about eight hours of time, each month, on BRVA activities (including Board meetings)
- Attend monthly meetings of the Board of Directors (first Tuesday of each month, 6-8 pm)
- Attend the spring and fall Public Meetings of BRVA
- Volunteer at BRVA sponsored events such as Home Tour, Carnival, Duck Race, etc.
- Have access to email and Internet (most Board communications are conducted online and via email)
For the 2019 election, the membership will vote on a slate of candidates submitted by the Governance Selection Committee. All Director Candidate Applications submitted will be reviewed by the Governance Selection Committee and selected candidates will be interviewed via telephone and in person. The selected candidates will be added to the ballot for the 2019 election. The Governance Selection Committee is comprised of BRVA community members with expertise in board development and community service.
Those interested should complete the online application here
If you have questions or need additional information, please feel free to contact Elizabeth Marshall, Governance Committee Member, at (317) 531-9910 or firstname.lastname@example.org