If you would like to volunteer for the Broad Ripple Farmers Market we’d love to hear from you. The Market is open year-round Saturday mornings and we are outdoors May-October and indoors November to April.
We look for volunteers who are interested in:
- Supporting local, healthy, sustainable agriculture and food artisans
- Participating in supporting our local community
- Learning more about foods grown and growing methods used by
- Helping people navigate the market and who are comfortable
speaking to customers and answering questions
Who are able and comfortable:
- Lifting 20 pounds
- Walking 100 feet
- Spending time outdoors in good and not so good weather (the Market
is a “rain or shine” Market)
And who are willing to commit to:
- A minimum of two Market shifts (shifts are 2 hours) per month
Typical duties include:
Summer: Market volunteer tasks include tent and booth space set-up and teardown/storage, sign and cone placement/retrieval/storage, providing direction/answering questions for customers and vendors, processing online SNAP/Fresh Bucks transactions for customers. Some setup also takes place on Friday afternoons.
Winter: Market volunteer tasks include booth space set-up and teardown, sign placement/retrieval/storage, providing direction/answering questions for customers and vendors, processing online SNAP/Fresh Bucks transactions for customers.
Please fill out the form below and we will be in touch soon.