The BRVA wishes everyone a healthy and Happy New Year!
Despite the pandemic continuing to impact our lives, we were able to return to some normalcy in 2021. We wanted to share with you some of our major accomplishments this year as we look forward to a brighter 2022.
- We met weekly with IMPD, the Mayor’s Office and our City Councilor when Public Safety became an issue in the Village and took steps to make improvements.
- Facilitated meetings with business owners with security companies to install cameras in Broad Ripple.
- Our events returned with the Duck Race, Art Walks, Home Tour, Ripple Effect 5k, and Lights Up Holiday Festival and Parade.
- The Broad Ripple Farmers Market continued to operate weekly providing fresh, local food to the community.
- The beautification committee held monthly cleanups, repainted the Rainbow Bridge, and held several graffiti abatement cleanups.
- We maintained six public areas by mowing the grass and weeding and mulching, and paid the utility bill for the Canal Esplanade and Monon Trail lighting.
- Worked with the City on the Broad Ripple Avenue Redesign project which improves the sewer system and provides wider sidewalks, new medians, decorative street lighting, festival lights, new and additional trash cans, trees and landscaping. The project starts in Spring 2022.
- Raised over $550,000 for the RiverWalk project which is a 12-foot wide trail connecting the Monon Trail to Broad Ripple Park. This project also starts in the Spring 2022.
|As we look ahead to 2022, we have exciting projects and initiatives in the works:
· We will soon launch the BRIP: Broad Ripple Indiana Perks rewards program which allows BRVA members to get discounts at participating businesses.
· Broad Ripple Avenue Redesign
· Broad Ripple Park Family Center
· Our BRVA events including the Farmers Market continue in 2022.
· We continue our Public Safety Advocacy Role and well as other advocacy roles to the City on the behalf of the residents and businesses in Broad Ripple.
· We will be increasing our volunteer beautification efforts. If you’d like to get involved sign up here.
If you are looking for a place to donate before that December 31 tax deadline, look no further than your own neighborhood! Broad Ripple and the BRVA can always use your support.
The BRVA is a 501c3 not-for profit, so your donation is tax-deductible!
|DONATE TO THE RIVERWALK
Want to make a more-specific donation? Consider a donation to the RiverWalk! The RiverWalk will be constructed in 2022 and is a 12-foot wide path which connects the Monon Trail to Broad Ripple Park. Although we raised the funds for the initial construction, we are now seeking donations for lighting, seating and a maintenance fund. Read more about the RiverWalk here. Your donation is tax-deductible!
|Thanks in advance for considering a donation to the BRVA and/or the RiverWalk!