In 2021, dogs will be allowed at our Farmers Market during our open hours. While we are happy to be able to welcome our dog friends back to the Market, we want to be sure that we do it in a way that doesn’t compromise our ability to safely maintain social distancing.
Dogs and their owners must maintain 6 ft. social distancing from other customers at all times within the Market area and the adjacent parking areas.
This means that our long-standing dog rules are more important than ever.
- Dog visitors must be kept on a short lead and remain by their owner’s side. (Keeping dogs on a short lead will help keep them under their owner’s control and watchful eye. But more importantly, long leads are safety hazards for all customers.)
- Dog visitors must be friendly to other dogs and to children. (Dogs that become aggressive with children (any persons) or other dogs, need to be walked calmly away from the Market immediately. It is important that none of our visitors be put at risk.)
- Dog visitors must not put their paws on vendor tables.
- Dog visitors must not sniff or lick displayed produce, plants, or food.
- Dog visitors must not pee on plants, flowers, table or tent legs, or anything within the confines of the Market.
- Dog owners should come prepared to clean up after an “accident.”
And finally, please do not leave dogs shut in hot cars while you shop at the Market. We want to stay dog-friendly, not dog-dangerous.