When the feast is over, the dishes washed, and the football scores final – what do you do with all that extra food? We’ve got you covered with recipes that take traditional dishes and turn them into something new and spectacular!
Dressing Stuffed Peppers
adapted from a recipe by Katie Barreira for Cooking Light
- 4 bell peppers (or use smaller peppers, but more of them)
- 16 ounces leftover dressing
- ½ cup crumbled cheese
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Arrange peppers on a baking sheet. Broil 4 minutes or until charred but firm, turning once. Cut stem ends off, and reserve. Remove ribs and seeds; discard.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Stuff peppers evenly with dressing; place, upright, on baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 7 minutes.
- Heat broiler to high. Sprinkle peppers with cheese. Broil 2 minutes or until tops are golden. Serve with pepper tops.
That takes care of the leftover dressing, and now for the rest of the refrigerator!