Radishes are a spicy crisp addition to all sorts of spring dishes. They give everything a nice bite and kick from salads and slaws to dips and tacos. And they’re fresh, local, and seasonal at the Market right now!
This great little salad couldn’t be easier or prettier – and how often can you say you’re dabbling in Croatian cuisine?
Croation Radish Salad
from Penny De Los Santos for Saveur
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. minced parsley
- 1 tsp. minced thyme
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 bunches small radishes, trimmed and thinly sliced
- Whisk mayonnaise, oil, lemon juice, parsley, thyme, salt, and pepper in a bowl; stir in radishes.
- Chill salad 15 minutes before serving. Serves 4.
The crisp texture of fresh radishes makes the following dishes perfect for picnics, tailgates, or backyard barbecues.