Fall radishes are back at the Market – are you ready? Think creamy, buttery, greens, and protein to accompany their spicy star power. This recipe hits all those notes while being mega easy and tasty too.
Fried Egg On Toast With Salted Herb Butter And Radishes
recipe by Chris Morocco for Bon Appetit
- 3/4 cup mixed tender herbs (parsley, dill, basil, chives, and/or tarragon), plus sprigs for serving
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature, cut into pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, plus more for drizzling
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced trimmed mixed radishes
- 4 slices of bread, toasted
- 4 sunny side up fried eggs
- Pulse 3/4 cup herbs in a food processor until finely chopped. Add butter, lemon zest, 2 tsp. lemon juice, 1 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. pepper. Pulse to bring together.
- Place radishes in a medium bowl; drizzle with a little lemon juice and add a pinch of salt. Toss to combine.
- To serve, spread toast with herb butter and top each with a fried egg. Scatter dressed radishes over top along with a few sprigs of herbs. Makes 4 servings.
Do Ahead: Herb butter can be made 1 week ahead. Cover and chill.
Radishes go great with things like creamy cheeses, yogurt, herbs and greens, on steaks, or on toasted breads. Need some more ideas? Here are 34 more easy radish recipes to rock your world.