Show your love on Valentine’s or any day with this yummy chicken dish. It has a hint of spice and loads of flavor.
Marry Me Chicken
recipe by Lindsay Funston for Delish
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (about 2 pounds)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 3/4 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1/2 c. chopped sun-dried tomatoes (or fresh)
- 1/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan
- Freshly torn basil, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Season chicken generously with salt and pepper and sear, skin-side down, until golden, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a plate and pour off half the fat from skillet.
- Return skillet to medium heat and add garlic, thyme, and red pepper flakes. Cook until fragrant, 1 minute, then stir in broth, heavy cream, sun-dried tomatoes, and Parmesan and season with more salt. Bring to a simmer, then return chicken to skillet, skin-side up.
- Transfer skillet to oven and bake until chicken is cooked through (and juices run clear when chicken is pierced with a knife), 17 to 20 minutes.
- Garnish with basil and serve. Makes 4 servings.
If you’re a sun-dried-tomato hater, use fresh tomatoes instead. It won’t have as much of a tangy kick, but it’ll still be wonderful.
When I made this, I happened to have fresh spinach in the refrigerator. I added some chopped up to the sauce and it was quite wonderful. I just skipped the basil at the end.
Let us know if you get a proposal with this recipe! (It could happen.)