Simple, easy, and absolutely delicious – these sweet beets are not only the prettiest thing on the dinner table, they’re also one of the healthiest!*
recipe by Carolyn Casner for Eating Well
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 pounds medium beets, peeled, halved and cut into small wedges
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Place a large rimmed baking sheet in the oven. Preheat to 425 degrees F.
- Stir oil, salt and pepper together in a large bowl. Add beets and toss well to coat. Transfer the beets to the hot baking sheet and roast until almost tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and drizzle, with honey and lemon juice, tossing to coat. Continue roasting until tender, about 5 minutes more.
- Makes 6 servings.
Cook’s Note: Market Manager, Barbara Wilder, says cover the baking sheet with foil to roast – it will make the beets really tender.
*7 Reasons To Eat More Beets
- Beets help regulate blood pressure.
- Beets boost physical stamina.
- Beets can give you more brainpower.
- Beets will keep you regular.
- Beets can help improve the appearance of skin.
- Beets fight inflammation.
- Beets are great for detoxification.