Carrots aren’t just a Thanksgiving side dish. Available all summer long, there are plenty of ways to enjoy them without turning on the oven at all! Like this one that’s super easy, no-cook, and gluten-free!
from Cooking Light
- 8 oz. carrots, trimmed, peeled, and coarsely chopped (2 cups)
- 1/4 teaspoon whole cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup golden raisins, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
Place carrots and cumin seeds in the bowl of a food processor; pulse 3 to 4 times or until coarsely chopped. Add walnuts; pulse 3 times or until coarsely chopped. Place carrot mixture in a bowl. Add parsley and remaining ingredients; stir to combine.
Carrot salads are a great way to enjoy carrots in the summer, but if you like your carrots cooked instead of raw, grilling is a great option. Love carrots and peas? How about pea sprouts instead? And if you are concerned about food waste, you can use those broccoli stems in a delicious carrot slaw!