Pumpkin is a powerhouse of nutrition. And there’s no easier way to enjoy its benefits than simply roasting it with some tasty additions to make a satisfying salad for fall.
Roast Pumpkin Salad with Honey and Feta
recipe from Lorraine Elliott at Not Quite Nigella
- 1 pumpkin (about 600g or 1.3lbs)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking tray with baking parchment. Peel the pumpkin and remove the seeds. Cut into bite-sized cubes.
- Toss the pumpkin cubes in the oil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and toss with sesame seeds. Put back in oven and roast for 10 minutes more.
- Drizzle with honey and balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle with feta and chili flakes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve hot or cold. Makes 2-3 servings.
Cook’s Note: For easy peeling and cleaning of your pumpkin, check out these instructions from thekitchn.
How easy and delicious is that? We have so many great pumpkin recipes in our archive. You have to take a look for everything from Pumpkin Alfredo to Pumpkin Whoopie Pies!
And while we’re at it, here’s an easy recipe for a great dip – perfect for entertaining or snacking!
Savory Pumpkin Dip
recipe from Gimme Some Oven
- 1 (8 oz.) brick cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 4-6 slices of bacon, cooked until crispy and crumbled
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp. seasoned salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
Stir all ingredients together using a wooden spoon or an electric mixer until combined. Serve garnished with extra bacon and green onions if desired, or cover and refrigerate until use.
I think I’d be tempted to serve this in a hollowed out pumpkin.