This is one of the tastiest cabbage recipes ever! The combination of balsamic vinegar and honey makes for an amazing flavor and it’s healthy too! Use either red or green or both for a gorgeous side dish to grace your table.
Balsamic Roasted Cabbage
recipe from Eating Well
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ¾ teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 large head red or green cabbage, cut into 10 or 12 wedges
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, divided
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Combine pepper, 3 tablespoons oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Brush evenly over all sides of cabbage wedges.
- Combine honey, 2 tablespoons vinegar and the remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a small bowl; set aside.
- Arrange the cabbage wedges, cut-side down, on a baking sheet. Roast until they start to brown, about 20 minutes. Brush with half the honey-balsamic mixture; turn over and brush with the remaining mixture. Continue roasting until browned and tender, but still holding their shape, about 15 minutes more.
- Drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar and sprinkle with thyme, if desired. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Makes 6 servings.
Check our recipe archive for more tasty recipes with cabbage.