With so many fresh spring flavors, this salad can truly claim to be the freshest ever. Peas, arugula, strawberries, and cucumber all combine for the win. And the cheese, bacon and basil vinaigrette make it one of the tastiest ever as well!
Spring Garden Strawberry Salad
recipe from Southern Living
- 1 ½ cups trimmed fresh sugar snap peas (about 5 oz.)
- 1 (4-oz.) package baby arugula
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup seeded and chopped cucumber
- ¾ cup baby English shell peas
- 4 ounces Gorgonzola or other favorite cheese, crumbled
- 6 cooked bacon slices, coarsely chopped
- Sweet Basil Vinaigrette
- Arrange sugar snap peas in a steamer basket over boiling water. Cover and steam 1 to 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Plunge peas into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain. Cut peas diagonally in half.
- Toss together arugula, next 5 ingredients, and sugar snap peas on a large serving platter. Serve with Sweet Basil Vinaigrette. Makes 6 servings.
Cook’s Note: If you can’t find shell peas, you can easily omit them, or use frozen peas.
For more sensational recipes with strawberries, check out our recipe archive.