For those of you who love Mexican ceviche, you are in for a real treat! Our Agua Blanca fresh shrimp vendor is offering samples of Aguachile this Saturday. And they shared their recipe with us! A perfect appetizer for the holidays, you’ll want to get a pound or two!
Traditional Mexican Aguachile
by Erick Jiménez, Farm Operations Manager
No dish showcases the natural flavor of Agua Blanca Shrimp as prominently as Aguachile. In this recipe, we pay tribute to the rich culinary traditions of the Mexican Pacific coast. Customize it to your liking and immerse yourself in a vibrant tradition.
- 4 serrano peppers
- 1 red onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- Juice of 10 green limes
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon of honey
- 20 butterflied shrimp, deveined
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Finely chop half of the red onion, the two cloves of garlic and the cilantro
- Remove the seeds from the serrano peppers and finely chop them.
- Mix all the above-chopped ingredients together, then continue to chop until well combined and the flavors meld.
- In a bowl, squeeze the juice of ten green limes.
- Add the chopped mixture from step 5 to the lime juice and stir well.
- Add the 2 tablespoons of soy sauce to the mixture.
- Stir in the half tablespoon of honey until well combined.
PRESENTATION OF THE DISH
- Arrange the deveined butterflied shrimp on a plate.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle the shrimp with the Aguachile mixture.